EN101/102 - Composition
VMI Composition Pages
- The VMI Writing Program - A description of the first year composition sequence and Writing Across the Curriculum
- The Writing Center - Information for VMI students about the Writing Center, plus online links and guides for anyone writing college level papers.
Web Sites with Composition Tools for Students in All Courses with a Writing Requirement
- Grammar and Style Guide - Jack Lynch's Grammar and Style Guide web site offers a brief listing and explanation of English grammar and style guidelines. Users will find sections arranged alphabetically where each topic, such as adjectives, pronouns, dangling modifiers, contains general guidelines in paragraph form. The site also includes related Internet sites such as online edition of Strunk and White's Elements of Style.
- Owl: Online Writing Lab - Purdue University's Online Writing Lab with rules and exercises for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Citing Electronic Sources
- A collection of links to web sites with guidelines for citing material from the World Wide Web, CD-ROMs and other electronic sources. The emphasis is on MLA format, but there is information for APA, Chicago, and Turabian, as well.
Web Sites for Individual Sections of EN 101 or EN 102