In conjunction with the VMI Summer Session and academic departments, the Office of International Programs will sponsor the following summer study abroad programs in 2013:
The Study Abroad Process
1. View the Study Abroad Information Video
2. Take the Study Abroad Quiz
3. Complete the application and turn in to Maj. Irby in the Office of International Programs
4. For VMI led programs, a $200-500 deposit is due by 1 February, final payments due no later than 15 March, 2013.
* Non-VMI program participants must get courses pre-approved for
transfer credit and also apply through their study abroad providers'
5. Meet with Program Directors and confirm all details BEFORE purchasing airline tickets.
6. Attend the Pre-departure culture workshop and safety briefings.
*All program fees are subject to change pending VMI Board of Visitors approval. Fees are based upon best estimates of costs and numbers of attendees. Fees collected in excess of program costs or costs in excess of fees collected are absorbed by the operating budget of the institute.
Additionally, students may choose to study through one of VMI's Approved Study Abroad Providers