Requirements: Each cadet seeking the minor must complete successfully 23 hours as follows: all must complete PS 344 (Leadership in Organizations) followed by PS 495 (Independent Project in Leadership) with a grade of C or better. The cadet must have a GPA of 2.0 or better in all coursework for the minor. Four hours of ROTC at the 300 level and four hours of ROTC at the 400 level are required.
Electives: The remaining 9 hours must be selected from the courses listed below from at least three departments.
- BU 220 Principles of Management
- BU 322 Human Resource Management
- BU 306 International Business Politics
- BU 440 Business Policy Seminar
- WR 340 Writing for the Professions
- WR 342 Technical Writing
- WR 347 Advanced Composition
- EN 376 Literature of War
- HI 385 U.S. Military History to 1919
- HI 386 U.S. Military History since 1919
- PO 331 Political Theory
- PO 333 National Security Policy
- PO 434 International Studies Seminar
Psychology and Philosophy
- PS 302 Social Psychology
- PS 306 Human Resource Management
- PS 308 Motivation
- PH 301 Logic
- PH 304 Ethics
Rationale: Through an interdisciplinary curriculum, we seek to develop in each qualified cadet a base of knowledge about leadership and its effective application. The intent of this minor is to allow cadets to enhance their knowledge of the leadership process, while simultaneously increasing effectiveness in leadership and management performance.