What is Media Services?
Media Services Intro video
Mission: The mission of the Media Services Department in Preston Library is to assist VMI cadets and faculty in the educational process by providing media services, support, and training.
Services: Media Services offers a high-end multimedia editing room (click here to reserve an editing room) with equipment to create media presentations and projects. Other services include the following:
- Research and recommend media equipment
- Train cadets and faculty in the use of multimedia software
- Assist with digital image and video projects
- Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or Premier basic assistance
- Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or MS Picture Manage basic assistance
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) basic assistance for media
- Angel and Smartclassroom prep for media
- Audio software basic assistance
- Dry mount and laminate materials
- Make transparencies
Angel and Smartclassroom Training for Faculty: Media Services offers basic training for faculty on Angel and Smartclassroom equipment.
Services that require an operator or set-up of equipment are available during regular departmental hours only. Delivery of equipment must be arranged through the user.
Reservations: Requests for equipment or the assistance of a technician must be made 3 days in advance, by contacting Ms. Cathy Wells, Media Services Technician, 540-464-7567, or Maj. Michael Brickler, 540-464-7655 or use the Media Equipment Online Checkout Form