Mathematics Education and Resource Center
The Mathematics Education and Resource Center (MERC) is a free service available to support cadets in math studies. There will be tutors on-hand for help in the following mathematics courses:
- MA105/MA106 - Introduction to Probability and Statistics I & II
- MA103 - Fundamentals of Matrix Algebra
- MA114 - Pre-Calculus
- MA123/MA124 - Calculus & Analytic Geometry I & II
- MA125/MA126 - Quantitative Methods I& II
- MA215 - Multivariable Calculus
- MA311 - Differential Equations
Location: 700 Level of Preston Library, Open Math Lab (OML).
No appointments necessary.
Fall Semester Hours
Daytime: Monday through Friday, 1200-1600 hours
Evening: Sunday through Thursday, 1800-2300 hours
At the Mathematics Education and Resource Center, our mission is to: support our Cadet Corps in their pursuit of mathematical studies, engage our VMI faculty and staff in their goals of maintaining rigor and excellence in their respective disciplines, and work with our community in their desire for productive, inspired, and healthy citizens.